Air Fryers have grown in popularity over the past few years as they have become a healthier and quicker way to make a range of different foods. However, most people use their air fryer for simple things such as heating up chips, onion rings, or vegetables. Did you know you can make pasta, cakes, and even steak in an air fryer! Check out how below.
NINJA Foodi Dual Zone AF300UK Air Fryer
First, you need to have an air fryer of course! If you do not currently have one, check out this NINJA Foodi Dual Zone Air Fryer. It is the perfect all rounder as it can roast, air fry, and bake all in one!
- 7.6 litres capacity
- Only one spoon of oil needed
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Basket is removable
- Digital timer
- Two-zone cooking so you can cook your chips and chicken separately
- 6 cooking functions, max crisp, air fry, roast, reheat, dehydrate, bake
- Averages 8 portions
- Non-stick basket
- Automatic shut-off
- Cool touch handles
- 1 year manufacturer’s guarantee
Now, time for the things you didn’t know you could air fry!
1. Mac and Cheese Pasta- Air Fryer Recipe
We know, making pasta in an air fryer sounds crazy but it does work!
- Firstly, heat up your pasta slightly so it is not completely hard. You can do this by letting it sit in some warm water for a few minutes whilst you get your sauce ready.
- Next, mix milk, chicken stock, butter and cream together and heat it all up until the butter is fully melted.
- Then, mix the sauce and the warmed up pasta together in your air fryer. You can also add in some seasoning here depending on what you like! We recommend a bit of paprika to add a bit of a sweet but peppery taste.
- Finally, cover your air fryer with some foil and allow your mac and cheese to bake for around 35 to 45 minutes.
Now, we know what you’re thinking. Steak in an air fryer?! And yes, it is possible and is super simple.
- Firstly, pre heat your air fryer for 400 degrees.
- Next, get your desired steak cut, we recommend starting with a rib eye steak as it is usually easier to cook due to the amount of fat on them.
- Then, add your seasoning and spices to your steak. Make sure to do this on both sides!
- Finally, cook your steak until they are cooked how you like them.
3. Molten Lava Cake- Air Fryer Recipe
We told you you can make cakes and bake with air fryers! This recipe is amazing and is super simple and easy to do!
- 1.5 TBS Self Rising Flour
- 3.5 TBS Baker’s Sugar (Not Powdered)
- 3.5 OZ Unsalted Butter
- 3.5 OZ Dark Chocolate (Pieces or Chopped)
- 2 Eggs
- Firstly, grease and flour oven safe ramekin pots, make sure they fit into your air fryer first!
- Next, melt chocolate and butter in the microwave until everything is melted. Make sure to mix together at intervals to ensure you do not burn anything and that it is fully mixed through.
- Then, whisk some eggs and sugar together until it is pale and frothy.
- Pour your chocolate and butter mixture in with your eggs and add in some flour. Make sure to mix everything together until combined.
- Fill your pre-greased ramekins with your mixture until they are around 3/4 full. Then, bake in a preheated air fryer at 190 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Finally, take your ramekins out of the air fryer and let cool for a couple of minutes. When they are cool, you should be able to remove the lava cakes from the ramekins easily by turning them upside down. If they do not come out easily, you can use a butter knife to help loosen the sides and edges which should help to ease the cake out.
4. Roasted Garlic
Are you a garlic lover but cannot justify using the oven for 30 minutes just to make some roasted garlic? Try air frying it! It is simple and doesn’t end up heating up your whole house.
- Firstly, cut the top off of your garlic and wrap it in foil with some oil, just like you would if you were putting it in the oven.
- Next, air fry your wrapped up garlic at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Then, serve it up with some yummy bread or a side of your choice and enjoy!
5. Grilled Cheese- Air Fryer Recipe
This is a favourite of pretty much everyone! Although making a grilled cheese is super simple usually, it can burn easily and soak up a lot of oil/ butter. Air frying your grilled cheese is easier and healthier!
- Firstly, pre heat your air fryer to 180 degrees.
- Next, butter one side of your bread each ensuring the whole side is covered!
- Next, add your desired amount of cheese in between your bread slices. Make sure no cheese is sticking out of the bread slices.
- Finally, let it cook in the air fryer for around 8 minutes. After the 8 minutes, make sure to flip it and let it cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
We hope this blog has inspired you to make something a bit different in your air fryer and get the full use out of it! Let us know in the comments which recipe you want to try out.Tags: airfry, airfryer, airfrying, airfryingrecipes, foodninja, grilledcheese, lavacake, macandcheese, ninja, recipes, roastedgarlice, steak