Baking during lockdown is something that almost everyone has probably done. However, it’s never too late to get involved! That is why we have decided to create a how to make a vanilla cake easy recipe. This recipe is very straightforward and is perfect for beginners. Mother’s Day is coming up, why not try to make a cake for your Mum?
- Salt- Just a pinch!
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Large eggs- 3
- Caster sugar- 175 Grams
- Self-raising flour- 175 Grams
- Softened butter- 175 Grams (have some extra to grease up the cake tin.)
What you will need:
- Cake tin
- Greaseproof paper/ Baking parchment (non-stick!)
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Wire rack
- Toothpick/ skewer
- Optional: Why not try using this cake maker?
Easy cake recipe:
- Firstly, pre heat your oven to 180°C or 350–375 F (Gas mark 4.)
- Secondly, grease your cake tin with a small amount of butter.
- Afterwards, trace round your cake tin on your greaseproof paper or baking parchment to create a non stick base on the bottom.
- Next, mix all of your ingredients into your large mixing bowl with your wooden spoon. Make sure not to mix for too long- only a minute or two- until it is completely smooth.
- Next put all of your smooth mixture into the cake tin. Make sure that you have the greaseproof paper or baking parchment at the bottom!
- Place the cake tin with your mixture into your pre heated oven on the middle shelf. You will need to wait around 40 to 45 minutes before checking if it is ready. You can check to see if the cake is ready by sticking your toothpick or skewer into the centre of the cake, if there is anything stuck to the toothpick/ skewer then it is not quite ready yet.
- Once the cake is ready, remove it from the over and let it sit for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, you will be able to remove the cake from the cake tin and place it onto a wire rack to cool down.
- Finally, Add some decoration! Why not add some icing sugar or frosting?
Optional: If you are making this cake for Mother’s Day, why not add some edible flowers, decorated rice paper or her favourite chocolate as decoration?
We hope this easy cake recipe has helped you bake your own cake! Let us know in the comments what your favourite kind of cake is.Tags: baking, cake, cooking, food, homemade, recipes